Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MIMS is done (?)

Hi everyone;

I just went to the MIMS web site (for something unrelated to CRP RGIS), and got the "white screen of doom". It looks like MIMS is no longer supported, and anyone who was using it is now on their own.

How does this effect CRP (or other) municipalities? Does this force changes to your TCA reporting protocol? I know many of you were not using MIMS, but others were waiting to see what the business model/costs look like - what are you going to do now?

Maybe this is old news to those of you who work with this every day - but I thought I'd throw it out there regardless, and see if it generates any discussion.

best,
greg

1 comment:

Corey Halford said...

This would explain why things went so quiet. I guess the model that would have had them expand this solution to other provinces has died quietly. I am curious as to how this will impact existing clients, especially the smaller municipalities that leveraged this solution for their asset management needs!